Thursday, March 15, 2012

Conviction

“I’m just wondering why no one likes me.”  The man in orange shifted in his seat, settling back into his preferred pose—straight back, feet flat on the floor, hands clasped before him.  Like an idol awaiting worship, like an award on a mantle.  He coughed daintily into his clasped fist, then placed his hand back on the table with its partner.  “Excuse me.  I’m a good guy.  I read.  I like cats.  I want to see the world.  I was always good with girls – no stuttering phase, no fumbling for words.  Everyone always loved me.”


- - - - - - - - - -


...like what you've read?  Then head on over to the catharsis and finish it!  While you're there, read over all the other great work we have to offer.  I'm so thankful to be a part of such an awesome publication and a wonderful staff, and we could use all the support we can get!  


So, please!  Read a few stories, poems, or essays, and pass them along!  Pieces change every month, and every month has a new theme, so be sure to check back in April for a brand new batch of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment